Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nuclear fusion: Infographic layout idea


Why nuclear fusion? I suppose if I had followed my original thought I would have done something on food, but the Wired magazine infographics bonanza stole my thunder. My husband is studying plasma physics at Columbia and I've always wanted to spice up the awful scientific posters I see around so I talked him into helping me with the content for this project.

This is still very rough. All the empty rectangles will eventually be small self-contained topics with graphics: what is fusion, what is a tokamak/why a tokamak and a time line of research. I would hope that this would be valuable to people in the field as a means of explaining current research but also accessible to the layman. Aside from the above mentioned topics are there questions that come to mind?

No comments: