Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A few new iterations on Spread #2

I went through all the script fonts in the PDF we were sent and picked out a few of my favorites from there and on my computer. I also tried Batarde Coulée as Gen recommended. I think script fonts are more playful and active than the heavy slab serif and condensed sans serif on the page. It definitely adds a little something different. I still have tweaking to do with the spacing, but do any of the following stick out to you?


Script Font: Sloop; Script Three

Though the script Ø is the same height as the slab serif Ø, I think the script one needs to be made smaller on this one; it looks huge.

Script Font: AlbouwsmaScript; Regular



Script Font: Freebooter Script; Regular



Script Font: Batarde Coulée; Regular



Script Font: Miss Le Gatees; Regular


1 comment:

............................ said...

won't comment on which is my favorite since that's purely opinion.

but, these look more interesting than your first go 'round.

nothing wrong with your first go 'round, but since this is to be a portfolio piece, you might as well use the time and resources to do something interesting..

not so straight forward.

or, rather straight forward with a twist.

remember that you're trying to create your own voice here.

that means truly "with a twist."