Monday, October 13, 2008

Household item redesign

This is where I am so far. I decided to change peanut butter's usage to "elephant bait". I didn't go the Raid route to create a serious & scary design. Maybe I'm not completely in line with the assignment but I figured it would still be a food item for kids but just a more fun/light-hearted way of selling it. I tried to make it fun and more of an invitation to imaginative play. I tried to have fun retro colors with a circus inspiration. Maybe the copy needs to be more lively, I'm still thinking about it.

It would still be packaged in a jar, although I suppose I could liven that up. My first design is meant to be wrapped around a jar with the elephant truck bending over the lid (as a seal that would break when the lid was turned).



* It's hard to tell but the elephant body parts have a painted texture to them.

What's in process of being made: illustrations for instructions, something on the ingredients section (possibly), etc.

No comments: